Questions for your doctor about Alzheimer's

>> Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Questions for your doctor about Alzheimer's


Preparing questions in advance can help patients have more meaningful discussions with healthcare professionals regarding their condition. Patients or their caregivers may wish to ask their doctor the following Alzheimer's disease-related questions:
Am I at risk for Alzheimer's disease?

How do you know that my symptoms are caused by Alzheimer's disease?

Can I tell if my parent’s symptoms are caused by Alzheimer’s disease or just aging?

What tests will you use to diagnose Alzheimer's disease?

At what stage is my Alzheimer's disease?

What kind of medication will you prescribe for my Alzheimer's disease?

What side effects should I look out for?

Are there any over-the-counter medications that I should avoid?

Will other chronic medical conditions such as heart disease or arthritis be complicated by Alzheimer’s disease?

Am I going to have to stop driving?

Will I have to move out of my home?

Is there anything I can do to prevent Alzheimer's disease?

If one of my parents had Alzheimer’s disease, am I at greater risk for it?

What specific dangers should I guard for in a parent with Alzheimer’s disease?

Can you recommend a support group or other services available for caregivers and family members of Alzheimer’s patients?

0 comments:

ADVERTISMENT

Search any thing and Type

Custom Search

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

Usefull Link

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP